Monday, July 9, 2007

Flashback - Labour and Delivery

In case you're wondering why I am writing about the past, this is because I gotta submit a detailed description of pregnancy, labour and delivery to apply for the "what to do about your brain injured child" seminar.
so here goes...

Labour and Delivery

2006 Jul 4 Had mild contractions from morning. Not regular. Still can walk.

6 plus in the evening Contractions more close and uncomfortable. Informed sister to standby to take care of the older preschooler brother, Nat.

7 plus in the evening Sister and brother in law came to pick nat up.

8 plus, almost 9 Left home for the hospital.

9.15pm Reached hospital. Admitted and was sent straight to delivery suite. Changed into gown and was monitored for contractions.

10 plus pm Midwife checked for dilation. 5 cm! Enema given. Gynae was activated. Overheard from the nurses that the gynae asked the nurses to put a drip for me and to burst my waterbag but I refused. All natural, I said.

11.20 pm Gynae Dr Goh came in and burst my water bag. Said baby head high up and told me high risk and said must put life line otherwise later hard to find vein. I refused. Dr Goh seemed exasperated trying to convince me. He left the suite asking me to think about it. Dear hubby Tim and I discussed and we prayed as I was not comfortable about being poked at all.

11.45 pm Could feel baby moving. Contractions got really stronger. Asked for gas.

2006 Jul 5
Midnight Super painful. Midwife checked and said already 8-9cm and called for the gynae.
0045 Jeremiah aka Jerry was born weighing in at 3.37kg, 51 cm in length and a head circumference of 34 cm
au naturale birth :) juz like what i had for nat, my first born almost the same process .... admitted hospital around the same time and birthing somewhere past midnight. This time even better than nat in the sense that i had no pethidine injection at the thigh and feeling bruised thereafter and it was an unassisted birth as in no forceps or vaccuum was used. Praise the Lord!

Neo natologist was called in to check on Jerry and we were told that Jerry had a condition of Spina Bifida and he was wheeled straight into the Neo Natal Intensive Care Unit

The story continues at Jeremiah trackback section. http://amothersjourneyinfaith.blogspot.com/search/label/Jeremiah%20Trackback

No comments: