Friday, May 23, 2008

Maid Solution

Haha... sounds so like an agency's name.

Much as I hate to talk about it, I thought I should just let everyone know I am OK, still managing the situation and God is with me :)

After the maid was found at the embassy and the police officer went down to take her statement on Tuesday that she was neither abused or mistreated, the police officer called me and told me to settle it with the agent. I called the agent, the agent told me to buy her an air ticket and send her home. I called the embassy, the embassy said the same. I quickly went online that Tuesday, got her an air ticket for Saturday as advised by the embassy, gave the itinerary to the agency so that her work permit would be cancelled and it came to a close. I had to bring her air ticket, her passport and her special pass and of course her remaining salary to the embassy for her. It was a long walk in Nassim Road from Orchard MRT. I passed the Saudi embassy, the Japan embassy and don't know what else before I finally found the Philippines embassy.

These people....super waste my money.... I pay agency fees for a 2 yr contract but I only got 6 months. Waste my time.... Don't want to work, don't even start la... tell me say her hubby never allowed her to come here in Singapore, she came without his approval that's why she gotta go back... and worst of all, waste my emotions :( When I handed everything to the officer at the embassy, I asked if I could speak to her and when I spoke to her, I broke down coz I felt so so betrayed in a sense coz we loved her as a family and she did this to us. I said "Thank you for taking care of my home and my kids for these 6 months but NO THANK YOU for running away." then as I continued, I broke down so I quickly wished her luck and God's blessings and hung up. Felt like such a wimp.

I walked out of the Philippines embassy's office crying. Had to call the hubby to let it all out. Felt so horrid that a person we treated so nice decided to go and just go like that. After, crying it out, I felt much better and went back to work. Well, at least there was a closure.

Anyhow, I sms her God's blessings and told her to make sure she received all that I handed over to the officer.

All the best Mary Jane. God bless.

Then started our new search for a new help.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bless your kind heart Mich - you always sound so positive in your writings, and it must have broke your heart so terribly to say NO THANK YOU to your now ex-maid (fortunately!). I am not religious but I guess they say: when God closes a door, He opens a window (or is it the other way around!! Or have I just completely made this up!!) - you've done so well, I hope you find another good helper soon. Elin

Michy Mich said...

Hey Elin,

thanks for your encouragement and knowing u are always somewhere ard somehow is great :)

yeah when God closes a door, He opens a better one!

that's what i believe :)