Thursday, August 14, 2008

Quit?

Nat: Mummy, can you not quit?

Me: What quit?

Nat: Quit.

Me: (getting a little irritated) What quit? (not knowing that Nat had been overhearing the conversations that I had with the dear husband about quitting my job and going intensive with Jeremiah's programs)

Nat: Quit. Can you not quit?

Me: What quit Nat?

Nat: Quit your job.

Me: Why Nat?

Nat: Coz a real warrior never quits.

Me: (quite taken a back that this should have come from my not even 6 yr old) Oh Nat.

There was a moment of silence.

It's funny how our decision to quit my job can affect the kid. Maybe he thought that he would never be able to go to mummy's fun office again if mummy quits the job. Nat enjoys going into my office. He loves going to the breakout area to play fusball and pressing a cup of iced milo from the vending machine and chatting with all the friendly uncles and aunties around and best of all get all the toys and premiums from mummy's office. Even Jere at 2 years old can say "I want to go mummy's office!" No kidding!

Me: (breaking the silence)Daddy's decided the warrior should stay home and take care of the home nation coz we gonna build the home nation and make it real strong! As long as the home nation is strong, all else is unshakeable. By the way Nat, where did you learn "A real warrior never quits" ?

Nat: (smiling) KUNGFU PANDA!

I tendered my resignation on May 16, 2008. Actually, I had wanted to quit and work with Jere since the Glenn Doman's "What to do with your brain injured child" course but I lacked the courage and the peace to do it. Yes I was worried financially with all the medical expenses and what nots... After 1 year of praying, the Lord finally gave me the courage and peace to do it. Well, it took me a good whole year to finally take the leap of faith that our God provides and quit the job and answer to my calling... motherhood. I know if I don't quit now and help Jere stand and walk, I will regret for the rest of my life.

Lord, thank you for giving me the courage to do this and helping me to discern. Lord grant me the wisdom to do what's right for the children and bless me in all that I do. AMEN!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good on ya Mich!! Its a hard decision I know and even I didnt have the courage to make it. Im back at work fulltime now and Alessio goes to childcare 2 times a week (and comes home with all the wonderful germs and passes it onto us!). I know he will be alright and so will we, but everytime I see him at childcare - just another face in the crowd - I wish I could give him the undivided attn that he (and any child) deserves to make him feel special. Anyway. So I applaud you and look at it this way - the option to work is always going to be there and if you dont have to take it - GREAT! Good luck with everything. xxx Elin

Anonymous said...

I am praying for that peace and courage too. Way to go...

Anonymous said...

I am praying for that peace and courage too. Way to go...