Thursday, April 19, 2007

Walk by faith and not by sight

The doctors all say... this, this and this is what holds for spina bifida children. I do not believe all of them would suffer the same consequences. Many a times at the hospital, the doctors give me a "she must be a little mad" kind of face. They tell me of all the consequences if I do not take certain steps and yes, I appreciate their professional advice but I also know and trust that the Lord, my God will heal Jere.

We are walking the road less travelled. Even Dr Y, Jere's urologist says she does not know what is to come for she has not had such a management of case before.

We choose to walk by faith and not by sight.
Indeed, it seems most unnatural for us to walk without looking where we are going which seems to be the scenario right now as seen by most and most illogical, yet that is precisely what Paul says isn't it? Isn't that what we Christians must do? "walk by faith, not by sight" (2 Corinthians 5:7). Yes, I do not know what's gonna happen and what lies ahead but I choose to believe that God has plans for Jere. Plans to prosper and not to destroy. God will restore Jere to perfect health.

The more steps we take, the more comfortable this walk will become, and the more confident we will be of the destination of our walk. As I walk this journey, I have learnt to give thanks in all situations, to count the many blessings and to let Him lead. And ultimately that's what faith is all about.It is "the assurance of things hoped for" (Hebrews 11:1).

Nothing is impossible and I can do all things through God who strengthens me(Philippians 4:13).

One day, the doctors will know we are not mad. They will see our God and believe. They will see our God, a merciful and loving God and realise what we were doing. Happy are those who do not see and yet believe!

Thus the name of this blog... a mother's journey in faith.
I choose to walk by faith and not by sight.

The hymn below so ministers to me.

We walk by faith, and not by sight;
no gracious words we hear
from him who spoke as none e'er spoke;
but we believe him near.

We may not touch his hands and side,
nor follow where he trod;
but in his promise we rejoice;
and cry, "My Lord and God!"

Help then, O Lord, our unbelief;
and may our faith abound,
to call on you when you are near,
and seek where you are found:

that, when our life of faith is done,
in realms of clearer light
we may behold you as you are,
with full and endless sight.

No comments: