Wednesday, February 20, 2008

I want MILK!

Sunday,I was looking at Jere and felt that he lost his baby fats.... is it due to not enough milk and nutrition? He used to look like a 莲藕 (lotus) well i mean his limbs just looked like the lotus root :P I think I have to face the fact that I am not supplying enough milk anymore and I gotta look for alternatives....

Monday morning...I was in the shower.... thinking and worrying how little my milk supply is now and is Jere getting enough as I showered . I've been a milk bar for coming 20 months and the amount that I pump out now is so so measly that I've started to ask the helper to top it up with formula initially but his eczema flared... so I concluded that he could be allergic to cow's milk. So a friend from the Moms4Moms (m4m) forum passed me some goat milk samples and he's finished the goat milk samples. I also tried him on organic oatmilk but seemed like he liked the goatmilk better.

As I got out of the shower, Tim was sorting out his mails and said "Hey, you got a little package!"
I looked at it and thought, "WOW! It's amazing how God provides! Just when I was worrying about the milk, it comes in the mail!" A friend had given me a link sometime last week to fill to get some samples and I did and VOILA! but it's just two packs and it probably just last me another day. Well, that gives me sometime to figure out something.

That day I quickly try to see where can I get this goat milk cheapest coz at guardian or cold storage, apparently it's selling at $45-48 for a 900gm tin. The friend from m4m forum offered me a special price but I had to get 13 tins at a go. I wasn't too confident to take so many one shot so I tried to spree it on the mummy's forum and praise the Lord I got people to share and we are getting it at about $38 per tin which is a whole 10 bucks cheaper!

Wednesday evening when I was home, Jere was going " I WANT MILK. I WANT MILK!"
The helper said, the milk is finished and Jere could take 150ml at one go. Well, that wasn't really a surprise as the little fella took that amount when he was in NICU in his first 2 weeks which shocked the nurses all. Jere took about 70ml of my Expressed Breast Milk (EBM) which was all i managed to squeezed out at office that day and shouted for "MORE! MORE!" so the helper quickly made a satchet of the goat milk. Funny thing was when it was ready, he got really cranky and refused it. He probably knows breast is best :D and guess what? Korkor Nat took it and finished the whole 180ml. Okie I can't delay no more and I headed straight to Annie's to pick up the milk.

I am still planning to direct feed him whenever I can and I gotta say, breastmilk is the best antibiotics EVER! Thank You Lord for giving me the supply and making me able to provide for my little one.

No comments: