Tuesday, February 12, 2008

ITCHY ITCHY ITCHY!!!!

Jere's eczema seems to be getting really really bad.... it's extremely red and weepy especially behind the knees.... sometimes his eyes even get puffy and there are red patches on his face.

His neurologist had mentioned before that spina bifida kids tend to have very bad skin problems....

We've tried almost everything....
homeopathy.... super costly
aloe gel... he uses oh so much....
tea tree lotions....
doctors prescribe.... steroidal creams like hydrocortisone...

we've tried almost every kinda bath on the shelves... from QV to QV kids to cetaphil to dermaveen to I don't know what else....

last night he's so upset coz of the itch that he refused dinner.

He just went ITCHY ITCHY ITCHY......

poor baby....

If you've got anything good to recommend, please leave me a note...

or should i return to do the constitutional test with the homeopath and as she said tear off the layer that it never returns....

or I am about to become a witch doctor making my own concoction till i find sometime right.... Lord lead me!

Yes, the Lord will heal Jeremiah. AMEN

5 comments:

Biow said...

make sure he's dressed or clothed in 100% cotton.. ie bed sheet, clothes, etc..

put away all soft toys..

use less detergent for his stuff

and vaseline petroleum jelly.. apply generous amount..

Anonymous said...

u might want to talk to pd about food sensitivity and allergy. lara

Anonymous said...

wanna try fish therapy?

http://www.kampongfishtherapy.com/

~e

Anonymous said...

You might want to try Aromababy range of products. It's available at Robinsons and Mom Essentials at Suntec. With eczema, go easy on the laundry detergent, keep all soft toys away and loose comfortable clothing always helps.

Anonymous said...

Hi Mich! Its Elin here. I have eczema and passed it one to my son. Steriodal creams tend to take the edge off the initial flareup for me and him, but I dont like to keep using cos will thin the skin. I also used the cream from this website: http://www.hoskingspharmacy.com/ which helped Alessios cradle cap, rashes and eczema. 100% cotton, keep skin moisturized (I use sorbelene). If itchiness is very very bad, as a last resort, my GP suggested that can take low dose anti-histamine for short term relief, but its a prescription drug so should speak to your doc. Good luck!