Thursday, May 31, 2007

Bitter or Better?

I was talking to dad this morning. Called him to ask him how was his medical check up. Realised he was a little depressed as he said the doctors told him not too good news like his urine colour is no good=infection and he may need another op was the urologist's opinion but the surgeon that has operated on him, how many times? i lost count advises no unless it is a life or death situation.

So i shared with dad.

Frankly, the doctors that see Jere also hardly ever had anything good to say especially the paed surgeon or is she the urologist? If she ever had anything good to say, she'll put it in a really dark way.... like "YOU ARE VERY LUCKY HIS KIDNEYS ARE STILL INTACT!" so i tell myself take it which way positively and thank the Lord Jere's kidneys are intact and be HAPPY and praise HIM! or be bitter about how the dr put it and brood about it thinking why should they not be intact??? of coz i choose the former and keep trusting in Him. A friend asked "can the drs be more positive & encouraging??" jokingly i replied ... "no lor... these doctors all come from ONE KINDA SCHOOL.COLD MEDICAL SCHOOL." akin to the surgical instruments waiting in the cold operating theatre...DEVOID OF FEELINGS... just there to CUT... ok jokes aside... like in every trade, there's the good and the not too good... well, who am i to judge? I've met with GREAT WONDERFUL FEELING DOCTORS that i must say and one of those that i truly respect is the one that operated on Jere's first day of life and saved Jere's life. ok let's put it this way these doctors don't mean to cut... whether it's via their operating tools or the words from their mouth. Well, didn't all these doctors all started with a passion? A burning desire to save and help mankind? No? I'm sure they did. i guess more like it they've seen so much that they try not to have any emotional ties to any patient otherwise when something happens, it will upset them big time too. I'm sure they have feelings too. I'm sure they hurt as well when anything untoward happens to any of their patients. Though sometimes for my urologist... i don't know... i seem to think that maybe she's seen too many patients that she does not realise how much her words can impact people or she's just immuned to the terms? okok.. whatever... I thank God that He is always with me so i am not so much afraid, so to speak for I know He goes before me always and all I've to do is just to trust HIM and follow Him. Yeah... it's ok
all that's important is i know

My Lord loves me
and oh.. the wonders I see.
The rainbow shines in my window
My Lord loves me


and yes, my Lord loves me :) and Jere and you daddy.

This post is to remind myself who makes the decisions for little Jere and to you daddy that we just gotta trust in the Lord for He loves us and has plans for us. Plans to prosper. Not to destroy. Many a times, i would think we try to outsmart God don't we? We try to intervene in His plans. I think sometimes with all these modern technology and medicine, sometimes, well sometimes, i am not saying the modern technology and medicines did not save lives and of coz we gotta give it credit for the many lives saved but it sure took lotsa lives too especially with all the abortions that take place all the times. Did we even give these foetuses a chance?

Well, of coz modern technology has saved little Jere's life too right from the start and I thank God for it for i understood from the doctors that in the 70's babies born of this defect are just left to catch meningitis and die.

God bless all the souls of these babies that are born and return to the Lord due to some defect and of those aborted and take them all to heaven. AMEN.

No comments: