Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Happy Mother's Day! - Part 1

May 13th (Sunday) this year 2007 is Mother's Day!

Happy Mother's Day to All Wonderful Mummies Grannies Great Grannies....
Being a mother is a vocation! It is a calling! It's our blessing to be made Mums! Thank you Lord!

Friday May 11th
I was taking a shower and changing when Nat went knocking on my door. Guess he was too excited with the HOO HA the school been teaching them about Mother's day.
I opened the room door and my dear son was standing outside
"HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!"
"XIN NIAN KUAI LE!" well... this is what you get when you got a kentang (potato in malay) for a son. Our dear friend tried to say Happy Mother's Day in Chinese but ended up saying Happy New Year.
This is the first year Nat did this... well... not too bad for a first timer. He's coming to five years old by the way.

Saturday May 12th
We attended the 4pm Novena. There were so many flowers for Mother Mary and my dear husband did not even realise that till i mentioned. That's how blur men can get! We then swung by to my dad's to fetch him to attend the sunset mass at Christ the King as Nat had to perform for his school on Sunday.
Father Stephen was the celebrant for mass that evening. His homily was most touching as we see him near to tears as he spoke of his late granny telling him to be a good priest back when he was still a seminarian.
Then there came a part of mass where Father Stephen said
"ok... i don't know how i should do this... maybe i should ask all the mothers to come forward to the altar to get blessings but then there won't be anyone left in the pews. but... anyway... MOTHERS... come to the altar."
Wow! you should have seen how all the mothers swarmed to the altar.... even the mothers in the upper floor was invited down to the altar!
Father Stephen then took the holy water and sprinkled all the mothers to bless them.
Then Father went...
"Cathechists.... station yourselves at the aisles"
"Children, go get a flower from the cathechist and look for your mummy!"
HAHA! CHAOS!
Now the children were looking for their mummies and the mummies having had their blessings were heading back to the pews.
and so i was heading back to the pew and nat headed to the altar.....
I was back at my bench and saw my dear son Nat in front the altar looking left right.... BLUR....
Tim went..."HEY YOUR SON!"
and so i quickly went back to the altar to grab Nat.
Father went.... "reminds me of how mothers lose their children in shopping malls"
so Nat gave me a carnation. I was carrying Jere in my sling. Jere snatched it and bent it into half. Nat loved the flower so much he took the flower back and Jere took the stalk and I am left satisfied seeing the children happy!

That's my saturday drama. :)

When mass ended we went downstairs to the church hall and i bought a bunch of carnations with a love offering and sent Nat along upstairs to offer it to Mother Mary at the altar. Nat was so happy to give the flowers to Mother Mary.

This just reminds me of a beautiful hymn....

PRAISE HER WITH A FLOWER
Who wipes my tears away?
Who melts my frown?
Who always saves my day?
The one who wears the crown.


Thank you for granting things
For our answered prayers
And for the hope you bring
To many who are in their dark despair.

Praise her with a flower
Thank heaven for our Mother
For her gift of love
Sent from up above
Brightens every hour.

From the highest tower
Shower her with flowers
Mother and a friend
From my grateful hands
Accept my humble flower.

On paper written lines
Express our needs
You always have the time
For every colour, race and creed.

Our faith has brought us here
From far and near
In one united voice
We thank you for your blessings
Through the years.

No comments: