Thursday, October 18, 2007

HEALING

*okie if you like to skip the story and go straight to the mass details, please scroll down*

"I NEED HEALING!I NEED HEALING MASS!"
shouts the helper even after all the saga she presented me.

At the carpark this morning as she was carrying Jerry to send us off, the usual morning ritual, she said,
"I NEED HEALING!I NEED HEALING MASS!"
I could sense she is very disturbed by the whole matter of going back and all but she chose it even after I told her to think carefully about the whole thing.

Had a talk with her last night and she did not realise what are the consequences of the premature termination of contract on her side. She thought it was as easy as
"I wanna go home" and she gets her air ticket and gets flown right back.
so what's the consequences:

1. Serve one month or till I find a replacement, whichever is sooner.
2. Bear her own costs of air ticket
3. Bear the costs of the documentation of the next new helper for employer since she's only 8 mths into contract. This is to protect the employer and deter these helpers from "happy happy break contract" attitude.

When I told her all of the above, she kinda freaked out and told me,
"M'am, why don't you do me a favour and send me back as home leave? Pity me."
It's kinda sad, she asks me to pity her and who will pity me? If I send her back on homeleave means I cannot apply for another helper until I confirmed after her homeleave that she did not return. Then it will take me another 2-3 weeks to get a new helper. this means more than a month of no help.

After she told me all these, all the more I felt she should pay herself all the consequences.
Six months ago, she told me she needed to go back for her daughter's graduation and settle her husband's affair. Gave us a date to stick by coz it's the daughter's graduation and we gave in.
Six months later, she says "I need to go back and get married" and again gives us a date.
That aside, inconvenience, yes so much inconvenience is caused (just too bad for employer, well, in this case, that's our family)

Okie, am I being a little too unforgiving? Sometimes, I think I am too nice and being taken for a ride but sometimes I think I am a little too unforgiving. I can't deny the frustration, the disappointment and anger in me. Yes, I need the healing too.

So you see, besides the people that need the physical healing, that is Jeremiah in this case, all of us need some kind of healing. Something heavy that we throw upon ourselves.

and actually, holding the child Jeremiah himself indeed is very healing :)

Healing mass at
20th October 2007
3rd Sat Mass with Healing Service
Church of St Michael
Rosary session 6.45pm
Praise & Worship 7.30pm
Mass with healing session 8.00pm

See u there! God bless!

No comments: